After pre-drilling all of the holes for the mounts, and putting anchors in, we anchored one side in while my brother was hooking up the wires to the electronic ballast.
I jumped down from the step ladder I was on to move it to the next mount hole when BAM! I was smacked in the head. At first I was a little stunned, but then I realized that the light had pulled itself from the ceiling, anchor and all (wussy anchor.) I grabbed my head where I was hit, and applied some pressure. My brother wanted to see what the damage was, and when I removed my hand it was covered with blood. My first concern was the amount of hair that was in my hand, seeing that these days hair is a rare commodity for me. Even though the picture doesn't show it, the side panels of the lights when both the lights and ballast cover are off, are very sharp. As you can see in the photo it left a pretty good gash in my head.
After putting a couple of paper towels on the wound to help stop the bleeding, we got back to work and finished installing the lights. There were mixed feelings on if I should got to the ER to get some staples put in my head, but in the end I decided it wasn't worth the $1,200 bucks it was going to cost me. I ended up going home and with the help of my wife, I was able to get my head bandaged up. Which leads me to why I now have a mohawk. In order to apply a couple of butterfly bandages I needed to clear some space around the wound (as you can see it already had a pretty good size bald spot) so we shaved some more hair off. Now I there was a very big bald spot.
So instead of shaving my whole head I decided to just make a mohawk out of it.
Now after 4 days of healing this is what it looks like. Even though I probably should have gone to the ER and gotten staples I think my wife did a pretty dang good job at bandaging it up. I might even only end up with only a small scar.